The SmartLacrosse philosophy is built on the 12 Disciplines foundation. While other programs may promote the same skill set, at SmartLacrosse, personal training session, and drill is built around one or more of the disciplines. These disciplines give structure to the learning experience and allow the player to better internalize the skills.
1. You must learn to run, throw, catch, shoot, with both hands at full speed.
2. Protect the Crosse.
3. Keep the stick "in the box".
4. Move the ball.
5. Move the ball off the ground.
6. Move without the ball.
7. Move to the ball.
8. Pick a spot "behind the goalie" as you shoot.
9. Shoot with a quick release.
10. Play defense like a boxer boxes.
11. You don't have to take the ball away to be a good defensemen.
12. Defensemen must have better stick control than attackmen and midfielders.